If you’ve encountered an error that says, “Windows 10 cannot remove printer” and you’re not sure what to do, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will walk you through the different ways on how you can fix this error easily.
Why Does the “Windows 10 Cannot Remove Printer” Error Appear?
Things like this happen when your laptop is still catching up with the changes brought by the new Windows update. For some, this is normal and goes away after a few restarting of your gadget. Meanwhile, for others, the same thing doesn’t happen.
How to Fix “Windows 10 Cannot Remove Printers” Error
There are quick fixes and relatively complicated fixes for this, but rest assured that this doesn’t require an IT degree to get done. Below is a step-by-step process on how you can get rid of the “Windows 10 cannot remove printer” problem through different angles and solutions.
Remove The Printer
This process is the straightforward fix to the “Windows 10 cannot remove printer” issue. In most cases, this is what worked for them. Here’s what you should do:
- Open Control Panel by clicking through the Windows icon at the bottom left corner of your screen or just simply typing “control panel” in the search bar.
- In the Control Panel, click Devices and Printers.
- Select the printer that you want to remove. Then, click Print Server Properties.
- Select drivers. Then, select the printer that you want to remove and click the Remove button below. Click Remove Driver and Driver Package to remove it from your printer.
- When done, click Apply and then Okay to save your changes.
Use Print Management
According to some people who also encountered the same “Windows 10 cannot remove printer” issue, using the print management app can also be the fix. So, if the previous steps didn’t work, here’s another approach.
- Type Print Management in the Start Menu Search Bar and open it.
- Click the Custom Files button and select All Printers. That way, you can see all the connected printers to your device. You can then easily remove them from there.
- Once you see the printer you want to remove from your device, select it, right-click on your touch bar or mouse, and select Delete from the menu.
Update the Printer Drivers
Your Windows had an update. The printers connected to your device probably need some updating, too. To update your printer driver, follow these steps below:
- Open Device Manager.
- Once opened, click print queues.
- Click the arrow to reveal the list of the printers connected to your device.
- Select the printer you would like to remove and right-click to reveal the menu. Then, select update driver.
- It will reveal a series of instruction that you should follow so do as your told.
- Restart your device and check if the device was successfully removed.
While the need for printers, especially at home and in the office, is decreasing, it is still helpful to learn how to fix specific errors that you may experience on Windows 10 with this device. In addition, the methods mentioned above can help you remove your printer, so you can give way to adding new devices to your computer.