In this tutorial, I will show you how to enable multi-author in blogger blog. Blogger is one of the most popular blogging platforms in the world. We all know that Blogger has all latest features for blogging. So if you want to enable multi-author in your Blogspot blog site, you can do it very easily.
Blogger will give you an opportunity to invite others for contributing to your blog. In WordPress, we have seen that for enabling multi-author people have to be registered. Blogger will allow contribution of the different user without registration. People can contribute to your Blogspot blog with their Google account. That means they don’t have to use any username or password. Only they have to accept your invitation for contribution.
Enable Multi-Author In Blogger:
1. First of all, log into your Blogger account and go to the blogger dashboard. From the left side select settings and then click on basic. You will see options like below:
2. Now click on the “Add Authors” button. An input box will open. Type the email address of the person you want to invite into the box. Click on the “invite authors” button. The person will get an invitation email after that.
3. The invitation email will look like this. If the person you have invited is interested, then he or she will click on the accept invitation button.
4. After accepting the invitation, the person will get access to your blog. By default, he can visit the posts and setting section of your blog. He can only view all of your posts but can not edit.
In the setting section, he will have only the option to remove himself from your blog. So by default, the permission of contributor is entirely safe for your blog.
5. After accepting the invitation, you will be able to see the parson is listed in your “Blog Authors” section. By default, the role of that person is “Author“. If you want to make that person “Admin” and give the full control of your blog then, you can click on the drop down and select “Admin”.
If you make him your blog Admin, then he will get the total access of your blog. So if the person is not trusted then don’t do that. You can also remove that person by clicking on the cross.
This was the way to invite other people to contribute to your blog. In this way, you can invite your friends to become one of your blog authors and share their thought on your blog. I hope you can do this successfully. If you are facing any problem, you can let me know through the comment section.