This is essential to change blogger favicon after creating your blog on blogger. You have to create a custom favicon and replace it with the default blogger favicon. Favicon is a unique online identity of a website. It also helps user to detect your blog easily. That’s why today I will show you how to change blogger favicon.
For changing the default blogger favicon, you have to create a 16×16 icon. Your favicon should be unique because favicon will represent your site for many purposes. Many bloggers use their logo to generate favicon. So let’s learn how to do it.
What is a favicon?
Before changing your blogger favicon you should know what is it? The word Favicon is the short form of “Favorite Icon”.It could be a unique online identity for your business, service or blog. When you will see around, you will notice that different website has a different favicon. You will find favicon of a website:
- On the address bar of your web browser.
- Among the URL list predicted by your web browser.
- At the very beginning of every opened tabs of your web browser.
The importance of favicon:
1. Human brain can process an image faster than text. So favicon will help your readers to recognize your blog more easily.
2. A unique and beautiful favicon could make your blog more noticeable to your readers. Favicon improves the user experience and makes your blog more professional.
3. We know that a logo usually represents the brand. As we use our logo or a part of our logo for generating our website’s favicon so favicon also plays a small role in branding.
How To Change Blogger Favicon?
I hope that you have understood the importance of favicon for a website. So you should change blogger favicon. The process is very simple. Here are some steps to change the default blogger favicon:
1. Login to your blogger account and go to the blogger’s “Overview” area.
2. Now click on the “Layout” section from the left bar as shown below.
3. The blogger’s favicon widget will be visible to you at the top-left corner.
4. Click on the “edit” link. A popup window will open. Click on the “Choose File” button to upload your custom blogger favicon (16×16 .ico format) from your local PC.
Now click on the “Save” button. Visit your blog and reload it. You will see your custom favicon is added in your blogger blog.
Important: If you can’t see the favicon then clear your browser history and cache files. Reload your site and the favicon will appear.
How To Change Blogger Favicon Manually?
Changing blogger favicon from blogger layout section is pretty easy and recommended. But if you need to change it manually then you can follow these steps:
1. Login to your blogger account and go to the “Template” section. Now click on the to the “Edit HTML” button to open the blogger HTML editor. (Don’t forget to backup your blogger template)
2. Find the code : <b:skin>
3. Copy the below code and paste it right above “<b:skin>”
<link href='Your Favicon.ico URL' rel='icon' type='image/x-icon'/>
4. You must replace the highlighted “Your Favicon.ico URL” with your own favicon URL.
5. Now click on the “Save Template” button. Go to your blog and reload it. You will see your default blogger favicon is changed.
How to Generate Your Own Blogger Favicon?
Favicon is a small .ico formatted icon. There are many free online favicon generators are available out there. You can use one of them to generate your blogger favicon. Among many online favicon generators, my favorite is “Favicon.cc”. This is a pretty tool with some attractive features like:
- You can upload your own image to generate favicon.
- You can design your favicon for free.
- You can see a live preview of your favicon
- You can download your 16×16 favicon.ico for free etc.
Use this tool to design and generate your own unique blogger favicon. Then follow the above steps to add it to your blogger blog.
Now you know how to change blogger favicon, how to generate and add a custom favicon in blogger blog. If you like this post then please share it. You can also comment to share your thoughts and ideas.